Friday, March 21, 2008

Appetizing colors

William taught me something new today. Did you know that the color RED actually increases your appetite? I'd never even heard that before (I did research before posting this though). Think about all of the restaurants that use red in their coloring: Applebee's, McDonald's, Chili's, Burger King, Chick-Fil-A, Firehouse, RED Lobster... these are just ones I thought of off the top of my head.



And APPARENTLY, the color blue (and I also read that violet does it too) SUPPRESSES your appetite. (One site even suggested getting a blue light for your fridge as a diet measure).



I'm thinking this is why I always feel so conflicted about eating at KFC.



3 comments:

  1. surprisingly enough, I DID know that. Red is also a sex color, though. I wonder if they're physiologically related.

    You'll find a lot of homes have a red dining room. coincidence? okay, maybe.

    I didn't know about blue though. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOLOLOL!!!! KFC...HAHAHAHAHAA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does that mean that my blog will make me more hungry? Crap. It's a good thing I'm wearing a blue shirt today.

    ReplyDelete

Let me have it

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...