Friday, April 25, 2008
Monday, April 21, 2008
Leah Marie's ABCs
- A-attached or single: Attached.
- B-best friend: William
- C-cake or pie: Cake is good, but pie is better.
- D-day of choice: Saturday!
- E-essential items: lap top, internet, books
- F-favorite color: Orange
- G-gummy bears or worms: bears - although gummy candy in general is not a favorite
- H-hometown: I don't really have one.
- I-indulgences: reality tv
- J-January or July: July, for sure. January just means post holiday blues to me.
- K-kids: working on it...
- L-life would be incomplete without: Faith
- M-Marriage date: June 12, 2004
- N-number of siblings: 1 brother, 1 sister, 3 step-brothers, 1 step-sister
- O-oranges or apples: Depends on the type of apple.
- P-phobia or fears: Spiders, infertility
- Q-quotes: "If life were easy, it wouldn't be hard."
- R- reason to smile: Family and friends who love me.
- S-season: My favorite? Winter.
- T-tag 6: Whoever else likes to talk about themselves. (Isn't this why we all have blogs?
- U-unknown fact about me: Up until I was a junior in high school I was afraid to talk to boys (this is not unknown by my family).
- V-vegetarian or oppressor of animals: Meat is murder. Sweet, delicious murder.
- W-white or wheat: wheat
- X-x-ray vision, invisiblity or flying as a super power: Flying. Another unknown fact about me is that when I was little I used to pray for the ability to fly.
- Y-Your favorite food: Please, I didn't get squishy by playing favorites.
- Z-zodiac sign: Cancer.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Saturday, April 19, 2008
So, about that cross stitch of Christ that I spoke of here:
I started on it again. It was seriously so messed up I couldn't tell what I had done before. Apparently at some point (and its been so long I worked on it that I don't really remember) I got the threads mixed up. Normally I keep my cross stitch projects very organized, so I was pretty bummed at my sloppiness. Anyways, the evidence was that colors were not in the right places. I tried to sort it all out, and realized that I'm actually missing colors. I thought I'd just reorder, but I can't find a website for the brand. I *did* however find the cross stitch on a random website that I can just repurchase.
Thats right. The really hard cross stitch that I've been working on for years... I'm starting it over. Hopefully my skills have improved since I started it so long ago, and it will go better this time around.
I will not rest until I've completed this cross stitch, one way or the other.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Until this week. And the most amazing thing has happened. This week, twice, I found myself with free time. When I say free, I mean truly free (And I also don't mean end of the day time, 'cause anything after 7 or 8pm doesn't count. This was during the day free time.). When I am not functioning with a list, I'm always thinking of things that need to be done, and feeling guilty when I'm not actively working on those things. BUT, when I've made a list for the day, and I've completed all of those tasks, I get to have guilt free free time. Its the best thing ever.
P.S. I'm a type A personality.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
I used to cross stitch all the time. Everyday. Lately its not been so much until a few weeks ago when the mood struck and I picked it up again. The reason, I believe, that I got out of it was because for many years (many, many years)I was working on a certain cross stitch and it was so hard and so overwhelming I detached. It really has been a long time. If you've known me for more than a decade you might have seen me working on it at some point.
Don't be fooled by the fact that the face is done. Its not even close to being completed.
So, a couple of weeks ago when the mood struck, I decided to get myself a smaller simpler cross stitch - something that I could finish fairly quickly and then feel good about my accomplishments and then go back to working on the other one. I choose this:
And my plan worked. I feel really good about finishing that one and am ready to start working on the first one again. Hopefully I'll be able to show it completed sometime this year.
I also would like to note how well my scanner handled these two things. If you zoom in on it you can see all the stitches and everything. And perhaps all the mistakes. Please don't zoom in.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Mostly I just really want to know what happened that made it seem necessary to warn people of this danger.
Not as easy as you might think!
1. Where is your cell phone? off
2. Your significant other? couch
3. Your hair? cut
4. Your mother? Wyoming
5. Your father? Same
6. Your favorite thing? fun
7. Your dream last night? awkward
8. Your favorite drink? water
9. Your dream/goal? motherhood
10. The room you're in? living
11. Your ex? undeserving
12. Your fear? infertility
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? mothering
14. Where were you last night? here
15. What you're not? unfaithful
16. Muffins? meh...
17. One of your wish list items? furniture
18. Where you grew up? varied
19. The last thing you did? shopping
20. What are you wearing? jeans
21. Your TV? enough
22. Your pets? none
23. Your computer? Dell
24. Your life? progressing
25. Your mood? satisfied
26. Missing someone? family
27. Your car? suitable
28. Something you're not wearing? shoes
29. Favorite Store? Barnes (& Noble. What can I do, its more than one word!)
30. Your summer? looming
31. Like someone? yes
32. Your favorite color? orange
33. When is the last time you laughed? hour
34. Do you cry alot? depends
35. Who will/would re-post this? unknown
Friday, April 11, 2008
Monday, April 7, 2008
Find Out Which Disney Girl You Are!
created with QuizFarm.com
|You scored as Belle|
Dancing furniture, singing spoons, and a man who needs a serious haircut - sound familiar? Well it should! Belle was a very independent spirit with alot on her mind, much like you are! But in life, there is a needed balance - learn when to speak your mind, and when to hold it back. Sometimes offending someone isn't the best way to go!
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Thursday, April 3, 2008
I went in with some reservation, since it wasn't the type of job I've been looking for. BUT, I'm starting to catch on to my job responsibilities and I'm starting to remember how to do things without being told more than once.
And, so far, everyone that I work with has really nice. Like, last week, when I was so super sick they were great about sending me home half way through the day. They've been really patient with my learning curve. Anyways, its going well.
That's all I have to say about that.