Sunday, July 8, 2012

Simple Woman

Find it HERE.

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... there was a pretty wonderful thunderstorm tonight.  The heat is breaking and tomorrow is supposed to be about 20 degrees cooler than today was.

I am thinking... about my overnight trip out of town that is tomorrow.  I’m going ALONE, y’all.

I am thankful... for the things that I have to complain about, because they are just so much less than what other people have to complain about.

In the kitchen... I’ve gone gluten free.  I don’t really want to talk about it yet.

I am wearing... pjs.

I am creating... a new series of posts.  At least, I will start doing it soon.  For a long time I’ve been posting the funny things Thing 1 says to Twitter and Facebook, which is fun.  But, once posted there they are kind of lost to the ethernets.  I’m going to start typing up Thingisms and posting them here every now and again.  Because then I will be saving them.  It’s timely, since Thing 1 is starting to say some awesome stuff too.

I am going... to have to throw some things away.  Hoarding marathon was on today.

I am wondering... why my lips are so chapped.

I am reading... Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis, Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson, Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl, and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

I am hoping... for a closing on a house soon.  We’re just waiting and waiting.

I am looking forward to... autumn.  Already.

I am learning… a lot about gluten free eating.

Around the house... some of these toys have got to go.

I am pondering... going to bed early since this raging storm has knocked out our satellite.  I know, right?

A favorite quote for today... Work without vision is drudgery. Vision without work is dreaming. Work plus vision - that is destiny. – Gordon B. Hinkley

One of my favorite things... is when Thing 2 runs in the room and yells, “Mom! I found it! See that?!?” and I had no idea he was looking for anything.

A few plans for the rest of the week: a shipping trip to Richmond this week-end.

A peek into my day...

DSCN1937
I so bad wanted to take a picture of him in that shark hat, but he was so freaking excited about it he would not, COULD NOT, stand still.

2 comments:

Let me have it

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...