Sunday, July 22, 2012

Simple Woman

Find it HERE.

FOR TODAY… July 22, 2012

Outside my window... sunny and hot, though not as unbearably hot as it has been.

I am thinking... what I was doing a year ago.  It seems like I was mourning the end of the Harry Potter era.

I am thankful... that albeit is seems I have a gluten intolerance, I am capable of having small amounts every now and again without it affecting me too much.

In the kitchen... we had grilled chicken sandwiches for dinner.  yum

I am wearing... pjs

I am creating... meh.  I’ve totally stalled out on a couple of projects.

I am going... to move this week?  Maybe.  We *still* haven’t heard about closing yet, but the owner said we could go ahead and move in, since we have to be out of the rental by the end of the month.  We need to hammer out some details first.

I am wondering... what other way a person can say they are sitting Indian style.  Indian style seems not appropriate.

I am reading... Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, The Savage Grace by Bree Despain

I am hoping... to, in one week, not be living in the house I’m living in now

I am looking forward to... hopefully seeing some family in August.

I am learning… about how your eyes can become allergic to a contact if you were the same kind for too long.  Weird, right?

Around the house... we’re just dying to get out of here.

I am pondering... living in a home with all hard wood floors.  Probably time to get rid of one of my vacuums.  (I have three. So?)

A favorite quote for today... Life is like a landscape. You live in the midst of it but can describe it only from the vantage point of distance. – Charles A. Lindbergh

One of my favorite things... peppermint essential oil.  Mostly right now because it just helped sooth some eczema. 

A few plans for the rest of the week: Moving (hopefully).  Woot!

A peek into my day...

DSCN1883
I will hopefully be sleeping in the bedroom by the end of the week.
(The ladder won’t be there.)

8 comments:

  1. Criss cross applesauce= Indian style
    At least, that's what they call it in the public school system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peppermint oil works for eczema. I had no idea. I'm googling it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep criss cross apple sauce here too! Lol. And we have all hard woods and vacuum! It's way easier and doesn't put the dust/dirt into the air the way sweeping does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we have two other vacuums that I will keep (one regular, one handheld) and I imagine I'll still use them all the time. But the heavy duty one I think I'll let go of.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Of course! I actually starting thinking about that when I was doing some yoga, and was in the midst of "easy sitting pose" as it is often called. I figured that can't be what everyone is calling it.

      Delete

Let me have it

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...