Sunday, July 29, 2012

Simple Woman

Find it HERE.

FOR TODAY… July 29, 2012

Outside my window... it’s a new view!  But also sunny and hot.  But with more shade-y trees!

I am thinking... about Thing 2’s birthday.  It’s not ‘til September, but I need to get some ideas going.

I am thankful... to be in the new house.

In the kitchen... husband is making hamburgers.

I am wearing... blouse and shorts

I am creating... pathways through boxes.  Oh, to unpack.

I am going... to have Kung Fu Panda memorized pretty soon.  It’s been a favorite lately.

I am wondering... which room I should start saving up to redecorate first.  I was thinking living room, but a pretty bathroom is so important.

I am reading... Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke, and Collide by Shelly Crane

I am hoping... to find a toy organization system that the Things will not flat out reject.

I am looking forward to... the holidays already.

I am learning… about how dreary life was before I had a fridge as awesome as the one I have now.

Around the house... we need to unpack.  And I need to take some pictures and post them so that people will stop asking for pictures.

I am pondering... Thing 2’s reaction to moving.  It is has been an interesting adventure for him.  It’s been a little better every day, but this first day he did not want to be out of my arms. At all. I just think it’d never occurred to him that life was capable of changing that much, that quickly.  I’ve made lots of jokes about finding baby xanax.  But, really, it is getting better.  He has spent large chunks of time just playing with his brother today.

A favorite quote for today... I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. – Marilyn Monroe

One of my favorite things... the chocolate chip cookies that my husband makes.  No one does them better.

A few plans for the rest of the week: unpacking.  Going to Roanoke for some Indian food and the transportation museum

A peek into my day...

DSCN1962

5 comments:

  1. Yay on a new house to decorate. I hope the un-packing goes well and the little one settles in quickly ;)

    Here is my post:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/07/simple-womans-daybook-72912.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going well enough! A couple of boxes a day, and we'll get done eventually. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I would very much like to sit down and have a chat with your Thing 1, well, maybe not sit down, but I think we could have a fantastic conversation over some sand, I'll bring my loader and dumptruck....that face of his just beckons deep conversation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PLEASE! Come amuse him for a few hours. I would love that. And then you and I can go to dinner. ;-)

      Delete

Let me have it

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...